4/21/2008

The Weekend

Saturday was pretty boring. I had expired tags so we couldn't go anywhere :o( But Mike grilled chicken and we had a picnic outside and did a bit of yard work while the kids played.

My Grammy ended up back at the doctors that day. She had her bladder "sling" put in on Tuesday and came home Thursday. By Saturday afternoon her tummy was huge and painful and she realized she hadn't peed in almost 24 hours! They gave her a catheter at the office that evening and drained 2 1/2 bags of urine! Yikes!!

Anyways, we went to her house for a visit on Sunday (I risked the expired tags since she lives 2 minutes down the road) and she was feeling much better but still sore from the incision. Isaac convinced my 70 year old Pappy to play with him and they went off looking for frogs (for some reason men are total suckers for Isaac). Ethan and Haylee joined them eventually and they found a frog in the ditch so they were watching him hop and swim. Me and my Gramma were sitting on the porch swing and it wasn't long before I heard a splash....I jumped up to see Ethan climbing out of the ditch, covered in water and mud - literally from head to toe! Ooops! That was my cue to go home - With Ethan sitting on a garbage bag LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment