4/16/2008

Happy Birthday to me!!

Today I turned 33. No biggie, I lived thru it....This morning before school, I knew Ethan and Haylee were up to something. Before Haylee got on the bus, they gave me some homemade cards, some leftover Easter candy wrapped in a paper heart that Haylee cut out, and a box filled with things from their rooms. Just what I always wanted...Mickey Mouse books and baby doll clothes. LOL! Those are gifts I won't forget anytime soon :o) But very sweet and thoughtful of them!

Since everyone else was at school/work, I took Ethan and Isaac to Burger King for breakfast. Then we went to visit Gramma Cadle at the hospital. She had surgery on her bladder...something about it "falling" and needing lifted again. I don't know the details but she did well and she was harrassing the nurses about wanting to go home already. Typical Gramma - Now we have to try to keep her from going back to work too soon because she is stubborn and won't listen to the doctors orders.

After that I took the boys to Ely square to blow some bubbles and enjoy the weather. it wasn't long before there was a small crowd of children around us. You'd think they had never seen bubbles before. LOL Isaac chased bubbles and fell flat on his face...TWICE! He now has scuffs and scrapes on his forehead, nose and above his lip. Poor little guy -

When Mike got home, they all made me birthday brownies, we rode the 4-wheeler and played outside with the kiddos. Mike and I will also be going out ALONE this weekend since we couldn't do anything exciting on a work/school day. That will be the first time in months that we've done anything without the kids. Yippeee!

A "33" picture from today -

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Have fun on your b-day date w/ hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday-belated! Hope you and Mike did get to go out.

    ReplyDelete