1/14/2011

Disappointed....

I guess you should never assume that people actually "grow up" as they age. It's simply not true for many people.

On facebook I came across a couple of people that Mike and I used to work with at Dreco, which is also where we met. I told them it would be nice to see everyone we worked with again, and we decided we should set up a Dreco reunion. I pictured us all meeting up at a restaurant with our families, talking and catching up and showing pictures of our kids. I assumed that most of those drama-loving party animals had probably changed for the better after 11+ years. I guess I was sadly mistaken.

Word of the Dreco reunion is officially out on facebook....and everyone has decided to meet at a grubby little hick town BAR. These former coworkers are talking about getting drunk already, and making comments about who they hope does NOT come, and how they will make certain people feel unwelcome on purpose. Apparently it's the same old drama and the same old drunken disaster.

I'm sad, because there really were a few people I wanted to see....but I guess I won't be going - to the reunion that was MY idea in the first place :o( It's not at all what I had planned, and Mike agrees. I suppose some things are better left in the past anyways.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry your reunion idea isn't working out like you'd hoped. That is sad. I gotta say I'm proud of you for sticking to your beliefs/morals. I'd do the same thing in your situation.

    ReplyDelete