1/16/2010

1/16/10

Haylee is off to Camp Timberlane with the Girl Scouts. I went there with the school when I was the same age as she is. Seems like it would be alot more fun if it weren't WINTER but whatever LOL....I love the Girl Scouts program. They still say their "promise" at every meeting, which is:

On my honor, I will try:
To serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.

I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do,
and to
respect myself and others,
respect authority,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout

How awesome is that? Pretty much sums up everything you need to be in life. We went with the troop to a nursing home for Christmas, they've cleaned up at the schools and planted flowers there, and many other things. I am really looking forward to April when we go to Cosi and stay overnight in a hotel. Haylee is all about girl time, which we don't get very often, so that will be a special time for us.

As for the house, I am keeping up! I got the downstairs mopped yesterday and worked on painting my kitchen trash can to match my 50's diner kitchen. It looks so cute now (the blue can was really clashing)....My plan was to do it black and red but being that we are BROKE from Christmas, I thought I'd wait a few more weeks before spending money on paint. While I was out yesterday, I thought I'd stop just to get an idea of what paint costs, and the nice boy at True Value said, "We have one color on clearance right now for $1.99 - I think it's RED". I love it when I'm reminded that God cares about even our smallest desires, not ONLY our needs - though that would be enough.

2 comments:

  1. I used to go to Girl Scout day camp at Timberlane, is that the same place?
    The can looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete