3/13/2011

Weddings and a moment missed

I did a wedding on Saturday. Why is it that the men at weddings make me a nervous wreck?? They always act like they can't stand having to be in the pictures. I hate doing weddings, but that seems to be what I get booked for all the time....I haven't even looked through the pictures yet. Hopefully I got some decent ones but my nerves were shot.

And that is what I did all day, instead of going to see my daughter sing at the college with the Lorain County Honors Choir. What a horrible Mom.....I felt awful about it but I didn't know the date for it until a week ago and I had already booked the wedding. Mike went to see her sing, and my Mom and Dad. I'm ordering the DVD and hopefully that will help to redeem me.

2 comments:

  1. You of all people do not deserve to be called a horrible mom! I have never net you in person but I have been able to figure out the kind of mom you are in the years we have been online together. You are an awesome mom! I can tell that your kids are the first things you think about in the morning and the first at night. I know you give your all and then some for your precious little beauties! You are an awesome role model for young mothers.

    I noticed that you never once spoke about your daughter getting upset because you couldn't be there... Perhaps that is because you have shown so much love and respect for them that your kids don't need you to be sitting in a seat in a room at a certain time or place in order to feel like you love or support them.
    So there.... :) I think you are a super fantabulous mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you for the kind words Crystal :o) I was definitely having a "horrible Mom" moment that day.....but guess what, the kids still love me as far as I can tell LOL

    ReplyDelete