3/30/2010

Missing Leah

After a year of having our video camera, Mike finally sat down and figured out how to get the videos onto the computer. He showed me how to plug the tiny card into my laptop and view the movies. Pretty neat!

We were watching some clips from last year and he told me that our old dog Leah was in one of them. Cool!! But I wasn't expecting what happened when I clicked play. The very moment I saw Leah's face I felt a flood of emotions, started crying and closed the laptop. I told him I couldn't watch it, but of course I opened it again and finished watching....
The video was from Mike's brothers house and Leah was running in the yard with Rays dog....the same yard we buried her in about a month after that video was taped. All I could think while watching it was that she was running on her own grave :o(

I have never felt a strong attachment to any animal until we got her. As soon as I saw her at the pound, I knew she was "our dog". I remember her laying in the back seat that day when we went to get Brandon from school. We drove for probably 5 minutes before she popped her head up and Brandon noticed her. He loved her too! She was always great with the kids.

When she died our whole family cried, including my big strong husband AND his 2 brothers. We all took turns digging her grave and buried her with her toys and some pictures the kids made for her that morning. I remember calling my Aunt & Mom to tell them and I could barely get the words out because I was crying so hard. A few years ago, no one could have told me that I'd feel so strongly about a dog.

RIP Leah....We miss you still!!


No comments:

Post a Comment