3/25/2010

3/24/2010

It's been almost a month since I've been here. I can't say that there is really anything exciting to say.

I have a horrible cold and I've been a whiney baby about it :o) Elyssa has it too, although she is almost over hers. We've been cuddled up in the recliner at night so that we can breathe and so Daddy can get some sleep too.

We've put carpet in the kids' rooms which somehow caused a HUGE argument between me and Mike but it's all worked out...for the moment. I got some things off my chest that have bothered me for YEARS and I think it has helped alot....But anyways, the carpet makes their rooms look so much nicer.

I've really had to take a look at myself lately and admit some flaws. Especially, the fact that my spiritual life is pretty pathetic. No ones fault but my own, of course. It's time to work on that! Some of the women in my family (Mom, Gramma, Aunts) have decided that we will fast from certain meals every Tuesday and take that day every week to really focus on specific people who need prayer. I know we'll see some great thing happening soon!

It's almost Easter. My kiddos are in a little church play this Sunday. I'm still searching for the perfect Easter dress for Elyssa. Mike things I'm going overboard with the search but Haylee won't let me dress her girly anymore so I want to get my chance in while Elyssa's too young to argue about it :o) I remember Easter Sunday always being so special when I was a kid. The clothes, the dresses, the white shoes and hats and purses....then the Easter plays and so many people at church and the egg hunts. Of course as an adult I know that Jesus is the most important thing, but it's still fun to have a reason to REALLY dress up the kids! And sooo, the dress hunt continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment