9/22/2008

Thanks Pastor Loomis!!

I woke up yesterday thinking about Brandon. My firstborn child will graduate in a few months. Why does it seem like only a short time ago that I was 16 years old and getting ready to give birth to him? Wasn't it just last week that he was toddling around, shaking his booty to "achy breaky heart"? I can't believe how fast life has moved since then. Where has the time gone? I felt sad yesterday morning, thinking about my boy growing up and leaving and not needing me anymore.

I laid in bed thinking about what I would plan for his graduation party, then I got up, got dressed and dragged my sulking self to church. Here is the start of my Pastor's message from yesterday:

"I was in Florida this week with my Grandchildren and as I watched them playing together on the couch, it felt as if I was watching my own children at that age - and I thought to myself, where has the time gone?"

Alrighty then, I realized very quickly that God had a message for me :o)

Pastor Loomis preached a great sermon and what I got out of it is this: God has done great things for us in the past, but we can look forward to even greater things in our future. Don't get older and dwell on what USED to be. God has so much more in store for us - more than we can even imagine right now! Maybe it's time to stop asking "Where did the time go?" and instead say "Look how far I've come....and look where I'm going!!".

So, instead of looking back and wishing my boy was small again, I will look forward to seeing what he becomes. He might be out of my hands, but I am putting him into God's....and really, thats where he has been all along :o)

1 comment:

  1. *tear* That's just beautiful. What a great message, one I also needed to hear. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete