9/02/2008

School is Good!!

I always hate to send my kids back to school. Partly because it means that the lazy summer days are over. No more lazing in the pool, no sleeping late, no sleepovers, etc...

On the other hand, I am totally enjoying my peaceful house for 8 hours a day! Elyssa isn't much trouble (yet) and Isaac is alot calmer without Ethan and Haylee around. I clean the house and it STAYS that way. Amazing but true! I can also watch "big people TV" again and actually HEAR it!

Of course, when the other kids walk thru the door, it's complete and utter chaos again. I love and miss them but I do like getting a few hours of sanity every day :o)

Brandon is a senior this year. Hard to believe....At this point he really has no plans for after he graduates. We've basically pushed him through high school. He's a smart kid but he does NOT give 100%. He only does what he HAS to do to get by. It's been a struggle for sure. All of his teachers agree that he is much smarter than average, but is very "lazy" with his work. Laziness has always been an issue at home too. I hope and pray that he finds some ambition this year.

Haylee is in 3rd grade. She's the social butterfly. I don't worry too much about her because she always seems to find a friend, no matter where she goes. She is outgoing and I'm sure she'll do well this year. Her teacher was a good friend of mine in elementary school. Small world!!

Ethan is in 1st grade. He went to school last week without any fears, but this week he was more hesitant. He worries alot about little things and he's really shy so I hope he finds some good friends this year and enjoys himself more. He seems to play with little girls more than boys. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I would like to see him find a few good boy pals too. I think boys are generally louder and more rambunctious and it intimidates him.

Hoping they all have a great year and do their best!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy
    Glad things are going well. Laura andAllen are doing a few coop classes this year. So far, so good. Right now it's just me and the 2 others and it is so quiet! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am loving the free time now that school has started!

    ReplyDelete