2/02/2011

Various Tidbits of Life

The kids have had 2 snow days in a row and right now, tomorrow isn't looking good either. I think they've already run out of snow days for the year. Of course this happens during the one week per month that Mike is on night shifts. I get to spend my whole day trying to keep these wild ones quiet while he sleeps. Fun times I tell ya! :o)

In other news, I traded in my beloved Canon XTi and got a used 40D. That's exciting stuff, although it was a little emotional to hand over my "baby" to someone else. I really think I'm going to love this new one though!! I can't wait for Spring so I can get outside and play with it more!

Miss Haylee graduated from her Dare program on Monday. Here's proof that she will NEVER do drugs :o)



And it was fun because they held the graduation at my old high school. I got to walk around a little bit and I can't say that much has changed.....other than my age :o) But thinking back to high school didn't make me sad about getting older. I was such a shy (aka terrified) teenager - and even into my 20's and early 30's. Just in the last year things have changed, although I'm not sure why. But it's definitely a good thing. I have more confidence and I feel better about myself. For once I don't feel like everyone else is above me....most of the time anyway. I still struggle with those self esteem issues, but I am a totally different person and I kinda like the new me ;o)





2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the self esteem in up! You're awesome and you should be aware of that!

    ReplyDelete