9/04/2010

New baby and pottytraining

Congrats to Rachel and Josh, a new baby on the way and Samara will be a big sister! I honestly have wondered how I would feel when someone else that I'm close to gets pregnant again. Would I be sad knowing I will never experience that again? Well that answer is no :o)

I actually feel comfortable with what I have at this point in life. Elyssa is almost potty trained and it's a relief to know that diaper days are over. I've been buying diapers almost constantly for the past 10 years. I feel some sense of "freedom" now that she is a little more independent. I mean, I've been doing the baby thing for 19 years! I'm not trying to rush the next 3 years before Elyssa starts kindergarden, but I am also looking forward to possibly going to school or working part time once she is in school. I feel very blessed that I have been able to stay home with my kids while they're small. I wouldn't change that for anything, but I'm looking forward to the future also and seeing what life is like without a baby or toddler, cuz it's been a LONG time for me :o)

On the potty training front, Elyssa has only had one accident in the past 3 days. Yay!! She is doing great and it came so suddenly. She was totally against it and then changed overnight. I'm so proud of my lil sweet girl!!

1 comment: